One mom plus 4 kids at Wet and Wild Water Park EQUALS 5.5 mile or 13,000 steps and lots of memorable fun. The kids chose to use their Christmas money from Matt’s Dad for Season Pass! We brought our lunch, $1 lunchables x 8. Haley treated the kids to Ice Cream! I did buy a frozen lemonade so total spent was less than $15!
The goal for this week is to make it till Friday when my Spring Break begins. We are definitely starting to see some holes in the pantry and freezers especially where our convenient foods are usually. On a positive note, we purchased a new grill on Friday of last week so we are definitely planning to use it a lot during the next fun and warm weeks of Spring! I will not be posting a menu plan for next week, I am going to fly by the seat of my pants and try to cook ahead so that should be interesting to say the least.
Breakfast- Saturday– bagels, Sunday-bagels (we slept late) Monday-bagels, breakfast burritos found in the bottom of the freezer. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday– Choice of eggs, oatmeal, grits, cereal, or toast.
Lunch–Saturday- Hamburgers and French Fries Sunday-Mexican with friends Monday– soup for everyone, Tuesday– Chicken salad lettuce wraps , Wednesday-Thursday and Friday- soup or sandwiches.
Dinner – Saturday- KFC bowls, these were planned for Friday but we ate Raman Noodles instead. Sunday- Gifted left over pizza Monday-Spaghetti and Meatballs Tuesday– Hot Dogs and Tator tots Wednesday–Pulled pork with corn and broccoli Thursday– Grilled Chicken and pasta salad Friday- Eating out for Haley’s Birthday
To be honest, I have a love/hate relationship with Shutterfly. I LOVE pictures and I LOVE products made out of pictures. Shipping cost is the problem with Shutterfly. I should not have to paid $7.99 shipping for a book that cost me $15.99 to make. I knew I wanted to get a couple of books made, a couple of calendars and of course some prints made from our family photo session last week. So off to Shutterfly I go. I am so excited and pleased that I was able to get free shipping! The code is SHIP49. I also had a “free” book code from Coke rewards that I had stored on the account. Their current sale of half off books also made this a much better deal. I was able to purchase a total of 3 books, 8×8 size, and 2 11×14 prints and 1 8×10 print for a total including shipping of $53! Two of the books were of this handsome guy!And the third was a book of the best pictures of our family session. Including this one
I am hopeful to be able to get a couple of calendars made in the next couple of weeks!
This past Saturday prior to the huge, historical, massive snow storm we had family pictures done. I scheduled these several weeks ago. Here are some of the tips I have learned and a peek at some of the pictures.
#1 I have learned over the years that we need to have these done at home or someone’s house we know to save stress and headache. We had an awesome photographer who was as happy as we were to do pictures inside and outside the house.
#2 Prepare food that can be eaten the entire time, no one makes good pictures when you are hungry.#3 Coordinating outfits make awesome pictures. I was luck enough to find us all coordination outfits at Old Navy this year. Unfortunately, Zach decided he did not like the “feel” of his matching shirt but I also had matching ties for him and Braxton which he liked better.
#4 Some times you need causal pictures just to keep it real
#5 Christmas pajamas are a must
#6 Babies make awesome pictures when they are asleep
#7 Black and white pictures make me look better
And finally this is my absolute favorite picture so far
Shopping pictures from our beach trip
1. We are currently on vacation in Cherry Grove South Carolina. Our vacation started last Sunday and we will head back home this Sunday, the August 12th. Haley came down on Sunday and stayed to Wednesday. My mother came on Monday and will be leaving on Saturday. Amanda and her significant other arrived late Wednesday night and will stay till Sunday. We have had the perfect beach weather with lots of time on the beach!
2. On Tuesday, I was offered a position at Davie County Schools. I accepted it the same day. This is a different school district than the kids are in, but the schedule should be similar enough to allow us the flexibility we need. I will get off two months in the summer in addition to a couple of weeks at Christmas, a week in the Spring and all major holidays.!
3. After accepting the new position, I realized that I have been wearing scrubs for the past 7 or more years. I have purchased some jeans and shorts but did not have but one pair of pants other than jeans. We have also spent some time shopping at the outlets near by. I was able to purchase 3 pair of pants, 2 shirts and a long sleeve dress for $125.00
4. Today is my 46th birthday! We spent the morning on the beach. We shopped at the Nike outlet this afternoon, prior to going to eat real fresh seafood. We also spent time shopping at a Christmas store. Both LIly and Amanda purchased new items for my birthday at the store. This has been an awesome birthday.
5.On Saturday our lawn mower, started an untimely death. We will have to replace it during this next week.
Matt and I enjoyed two days off together this week! Wednesday and Thursday!
We spent Wednesday at Wet and Wild with the kids. I can honestly say it was one of the best days ever!
Amanda is having my second grandson in November. I think I am the least excited because everyone else is OVER the moon! I am really just as excited don’t tell them!
I get to enjoy a 5 day break starting next Wednesday! I can’t wait!
Kendall is celebrating her 10th birthday this Sunday. July 1st, how can this be?
Did you hear that sigh of relief? Do you have a clue what it means for us?
- This is the month, that we hopefully final get our feet back on solid ground. In addition, we are actively seeking ways to increase our overall income as well. My prayers is that by the end of June, we will have significantly increased our income and can adjust our budget accordingly.
- The square foot garden should been to produce. We currently are able to harvest lettuce, basil and cilantro. I hope to add at least cucumber and squash to the mix by the end of the month.
- Matt and I will have some “alone” time this month. For dinner tonight, we used a gift card and enjoy a large meal at Applebee’s. Total spent was $11! Amanda has taken all the kids with her camping this weekend. All three kids are planning to attend our church camp which be for the entire third week of June. Currently, I have scheduled myself an additional 10 hours the week they are gone to camp. This weekend, my plans are to finish up some spring cleaning and relax.
- School ends for Lily next Wednesday. Zach and Kendall will both finish on Friday. This summer will be a definite change as Matt will be working one or more days. We get to start using our “Wet and Wild” pass for the summer. I am hoping to go twice in the month of June alone.
- I am finally feeling caught up. I still have several things I would like to accomplish around the house but they are all things that are simple items that will just keep things moving smoothly.
Thanks for sticking with us!