This weekend was supposed to be a slower than usual weekend however we still managed to get a lot accomplished.
- Decided on our next house project. We installed a new kitchen floor in March 2020. The floor has begun to split and we have lots of pieces that no longer fit and it is becoming a hazard. We have been talking for several months about replacing the floor. We are not certain which direction that we want to go. Matt and I talked and decided for the short run (less than a year) we will simply remove the new floor and return to the wood planks underneath. The current plan is to re-adjust the plank and attempt to nail in place. This is definitely not a permanent fix but solves the problem and will at least give us a presentable floor. We are going to undertake this project next weekend.
- Ordered the wood to finish the chicken coop and for the fence along the back edge of the yard.
- We have been watering the garden using county water for over a week now. It takes around 20 gallons a day to water so I am very hopeful that we will get some rain in the next 24 hours.
- Placed a down payment on our cow order. We should receive the cow some time the first couple weeks of August. Now we are focused on trying to decide what meat cuts we want. I am also working on emptying one of our freezers. My goal is to get this accomplished by the end of July. However, it is fairly difficult when at the same time we are beginning to get in our summer produce. Check and balance is all I can hope for.
- We ended up going to Costco on Friday night to use our reward check, I was very proud that we only ended up spending $26 out of pocket. But that was short lived as we also went to Sam’s today. We spend $260 of which over $200 was on food. I did stock up on Slim Jim’s (3 boxes) Hot Pockets (which the kids have been asking for) Biscuits and Pop tarts for breakfast in addition to some treats.
- We managed to only eat out one time this weekend. Matt has been practicing cooking on his new Blackstone. He cooked two meals yesterday in addition to breakfast this morning!
Let’s get this week started on a good note!