He is just handsome!
To be honest, I have a love/hate relationship with Shutterfly. I LOVE pictures and I LOVE products made out of pictures. Shipping cost is the problem with Shutterfly. I should not have to paid $7.99 shipping for a book that cost me $15.99 to make. I knew I wanted to get a couple of books made, a couple of calendars and of course some prints made from our family photo session last week. So off to Shutterfly I go. I am so excited and pleased that I was able to get free shipping! The code is SHIP49. I also had a “free” book code from Coke rewards that I had stored on the account. Their current sale of half off books also made this a much better deal. I was able to purchase a total of 3 books, 8×8 size, and 2 11×14 prints and 1 8×10 print for a total including shipping of $53! Two of the books were of this handsome guy!And the third was a book of the best pictures of our family session. Including this one
I am hopeful to be able to get a couple of calendars made in the next couple of weeks!
This past Saturday prior to the huge, historical, massive snow storm we had family pictures done. I scheduled these several weeks ago. Here are some of the tips I have learned and a peek at some of the pictures.
#1 I have learned over the years that we need to have these done at home or someone’s house we know to save stress and headache. We had an awesome photographer who was as happy as we were to do pictures inside and outside the house.
#2 Prepare food that can be eaten the entire time, no one makes good pictures when you are hungry.#3 Coordinating outfits make awesome pictures. I was luck enough to find us all coordination outfits at Old Navy this year. Unfortunately, Zach decided he did not like the “feel” of his matching shirt but I also had matching ties for him and Braxton which he liked better.
#4 Some times you need causal pictures just to keep it real
#5 Christmas pajamas are a must
#6 Babies make awesome pictures when they are asleep
#7 Black and white pictures make me look better
And finally this is my absolute favorite picture so far
The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and changes that I could had no way to prepare and plan for.
First, Matt’s stepmother, fell and broke her hip. After some discussion and thought, we decided that we needed to travel to Michigan over Thanksgiving. In fact, we are currently in a hotel in Claire Michigan. My goal is to get a post over the next day or so that gives some ideas on ways to save on last minute traveling.
Next, Amanda, my oldest daughter, has spent 5 days in Cardiac ICU and 5 days in an regular hospital room. She developed a complication from pregnancy that caused her heart to fail, which in turned caused several blood clots in both lungs and one in her heart. The first days of this episode, were the most scary thing I have ever experienced. I stayed with her for almost a solid week. We are all thankful and blessed that she is home, and expected to make a full recovery. The recovery will be slow but still is expected to be full. It was a tough decision for us to leave her and come to Michigan but it was the right one for us. Amanda was very supportive of this.
Luckily, I have purchased most of our Christmas gift, and did not plan to spend much time shopping over Thanksgiving. We had a menu plan in place and Matt was able to stick to it and keep things functioning at home, while I focused on Amanda. This trip although short planned and much debated, has given me some time to sit, relax and catch up on some sleep, which I would not have completed at home.
This is the short explanation of the last couple of weeks. I am praising God for walking beside me and carrying me!
- We will be heading to Michigan over the Thanksgiving holiday. I spent most of Saturday attempting to find hotels that were reasonably priced. I am very happy to say that I was able to locate and book two hotels both including pools and breakfast for around $100 a night including the pet fee!
- Our plan for meals includes free breakfast, lunch in the room. on the go including pasta, mac and cheese, burritos and sandwiches. We will plan to purchase one meal a day and hope to cover at least 2 of these 7 meals with gift cards. Definitely need to step up my swag game.
- The house is finally getting cleaned! I arrived home from work yesterday and we were able to spend a couple of hours cleaning floors and rearranging furniture. I have even made a list of extra cleaning I would like to accomplish in the next week.
- My goal is to be able to set up my snow village this weekend (Veteran’s Day). I am becoming excited and I love the anticipation of this.
- I am tired, bone weary tired. I am not sure if this is related to the time change, the fact that I am home 3 night in a row and should be for another 2, stress or a combination of all three. But I seriously could go to sleep at 8pm tonight.
- With our trip coming up, I want to reduce and leave very little in our refrigerators in the house. We actually ended up eating left overs for 3 full meals this past weekend. I can see a little at the end of the tunnel but also hear some grumbling as we are out of pop tarts, instant oatmeal, shredded cheese and soon grits. I have no intention of replacing these items, Wish me luck!
- I still LOVE my new job but it has become a lot more work than initially. I have been attending at least one meeting a week but it is still by far much less work and stress than the hospital.
- Braxton is one month old, he is awesome and growing daily! I LOVE being a grandmother or baba, much easier than I could have imagined.