May did not bring the expected income boast that we were counting on but it did teach us a valuable lesson to not count on things but on God. We are continuing to move along and have now put in place some money saving belt tightening measure that hopefully will keep us on steady ground for the summer. The lost of our stand up freezer which contained most of our vegetables will have a financial impact during the next several months as well.
1. Blogging– Post 20 per month. Fail. This is post number 17, life is crazy and I need to make a plan.
2.Weight Loss– 175#. Struggling with time for this still. I am starting to get some regular exercise and decided to try a supplement as well. But the scale still is not moving in the direction I want as quickly as I want.
3. Spiritual– Spend at least 5 days a week, reading and studying The Bible. Goal Met. Working on improving this. I realize that once the summer starts I have to make time to do this no matter what!
Personal goals are a failure this month. Not much more to say in regards to that.
1. Set aside money each month in every budget category. Fail
2. Establish and maintain Emergency Fund- Fail.
3. Groceries: Goal is for $700. Fail – Total spending for the month is $879.00. Which is a decrease from last month. I did purchase 120# of chicken this month so hopefully we will be heading to much lower grocery bills for both June and July.
4. Gas: Spend $400 a month- Goal Met! Still have $19 to spare.
5. Pay off all Credit Card debit by December 2016- Fail. I am meeting bare minimal payments on everything but really was hoping to begin to get control and reduce this number.
As you can tell we are struggling. I am not sure what the summer holds but I have placed a plan to reduce spending in all categories but at the same time. We are not in a financial crises and we are still enjoying many things in life. I am going to end with the statement that God is in control and his plans are always much better than my plans so I am trusting regardless of what the numbers say.