Today was a very rainy and dreary day. The perfect time to catch up on some meal preparation and food preservation.
- Matt and I took 2 packages of cube steak from our previous cow purchase, breaded and deep fried them. They will be used for steak biscuits for breakfast for the next 6 months or so.
- I went ahead and meal prepped for the week. Stuffed green peppers, grilled chicken and bacon cheddar burgers are all ready to go.
- Sorted through and combined items in the freezers in the house as well as the chest freezer. The plan is to purchase as little as possible over the next 8 months and use the food we have in our freezers and pantry.
- Soaked and cooked a bag of black beans that Matt can use in his chill. (We have 2 cans of beans so this should last awhile.
- Packaged up gravy from breakfast into can size bags for use with breakfast pizza. I purchased a single can of gravy to use and it was $2.09…. our breakfast left-overs saved us $5.
We debated but decided against turning off the a/c. The humidity is still really high, and it feels sticky outside. I will continue to watch the weather and as soon as we are below 80 degrees consistently, we will open the windows.
The kids all caught up on laundry, which means less stress for me.
Remember it is the small things that add up!